After like a two year draught, Elemental Chronicles finally came alive again! I decided to take a hiatus in the last two years so I can think where I'm actually going with this series. While I was writing the first 13 chapters I saw this series had potential to become something, but I realized I had no real idea where I was taking it or what I was doing - I was just writing for the fun of it. So I stopped writing The Elemental Chronicles (with an exception with a few chapters) and decided to pursue other projects.
So all I did for EC in the last two years was plan out the whole story. And it was an amazingly slow process where I randomly got ideas in the most inconvenient times and places, to which I had to start carrying a notebook around everywhere. At the moment I have a lot of random pieces of paper and a few notebooks, and looking at it tonight I felt like its been too long and I have more than enough plot to start writing again.
Finally EC is a fully functional world full of life and adventure.
We now have (and still growing by the day):
- Planned out plot which will consist of four books, two spin-off novels, a prequel and a second series.
- Lore and legends
- fully detailed world map with names and all
- functional power system and explanations
- Bestiary (wolves are the 'humans' in this fantasy setting, but not the only beasties)
- And so so many things I'm rather not going to mention in vague points. You just have to read and experience this living realm for yourself, if you get get past my addiction for writing long battle scenes ahaha.
I will start writing the chapters again, soon. But for now you guys can enjoy the Elite profiles. They are stories on their own that might or might not be rough draft versions of what will be a future chapter.
The Elemental Chronicles will rise again! I am really excited with where this story will go and I cant wait to post it for my readers.